Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My Black Ops battle chatter

I don't know how many of you have actually played any of the Call of Duty series, but I love them. My favorite ones so far are the Black Ops games. I seriously have way too much fun on these games. My father and niece say that I'm a bit bloodthirsty and the kids know that is mommy's special time and not to disturb me. 

Mr. Fluffy and I were playing one day and decided to make our own battle chatter based on the game's chatter. Battle chatter, for those of you who haven't played, is something called out by your character while running around and shooting people.  It isn't something you control yourself, it is controlled by the environment and what is happening in the game at the time. A good example would be when one player with a sniper rifle is seen by another player on the opposing team, their guy will yell out "Sniper!" very loudly to alert all the nearby players. The actual player doesn't have to do anything to trigger this other than sight the sniper. Most of the time I ignore the battle chatter. Sometimes though, you can't help but laugh at it. 


Yep just like that


In the first Black Ops, there is a faction called The Vietnam People's Army. Keep in mind this game takes place during World War II. Part of the battle chatter is "Tao thấy nó!", which apparently means "I see him". It does not at all sound like it looks. For the longest time, Mr. Fluffy and I thought they were yelling out "You die now!". So we often yell it out when playing the game. 

Our new favorite happened by boredom. We were playing the new Black Ops 2 and my character just happened to spot an enemy player. I was completely giggle ridden when he yelled out "Enemy with weapon!". Now yes I know they were trying to keep the battle chatter authentic and this is probably something said quite often by real soldiers but I couldn't help but yell out, "Oh my gosh! Enemy with a weapon? What else would he have? A cupcake?" I then proceeded to constantly yell out every time "Enemy with cupcake!" Needless to say, Mr.Fluffy was having a hard time playing because he was laughing too much. 

Now pair my own brand of battle chatter with how I can't help but talk crap to the game and you may get an inkling why Mr. Fluffy wants to secretly record me (and why I am not allowed a headset). 

No comments:

Post a Comment