Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I'm a glutton for punishment :)

I love horror games. Love, love, love them! BUT.....I can only play them when either someone else is there or during the day because I have a very active imagination and I tend to scare the dickens out of myself. One of my faves is Fatal Frame. I know its an oldie but I still get creeped out playing it. That thrill that goes through you when something unexpected happens and your left with your controller half way across the room and curled in the fetal position alternately crying and laughing is just the best.

So imagine my delight when I heard about Slender, a game where I would not be able to defend myself, just run like a mad person. I watched all the hilarious videos on YouTube, read all the articles I could find and then finally talked myself into downloading it. My overwhelming anticipation was dowsed when I found out my computer hated the game. I could load it and move but it was so choppy that I would never have a chance against Slendy. I tried adjusting it every way I could think and it was still the same. So I was highly disappointed. I am going to try again. Going to delete some games that I never play anymore and see if that works, maybe adjust my actual computer settings. If that doesn't work I will sick Mr. Fluffy on it.

About six months ago I learned that Blue Isle Studios had so much great success with Slender that they were making a new game called Slender: The Arrival. Of course I became obsessed again. I haven't been able to download it yet, though I am getting it soon. I was so excited and I wanted to see it in action, so the other night while Mr. Fluffy was visiting with one our friends I decided that I would look and see if anyone had uploaded game play of it yet. O M Gosh! First off the guy playing it is extremely funny. Here is his YouTube channel . He has some really great ones up, BUT back to the story. I was watching it and I suddenly realized that it was quiet. Mr. Fluffy and our friend had decided to watch it with me (though Mr. Fluffy really had no choice because I was sitting on him. Hey, you steal my computer chair you become the computer chair.). After about two minutes into the second part they had both moved away from me because I was jumping and screaming so much they were fearing bodily harm. It was terrifying but in a good way. I can't wait to buy a copy for myself and play it.

I love horror games :D

No comments:

Post a Comment