Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Cough cough, ugh

Doing this kinda late today.

      I was sent home from work sick. It was kinda horrible because I didn't feel sick but I apparently have bronchitis. Yay. So I sat home all day (what little of it wasn't spent in a drugged stupor) feeling guilty because I felt that I should be at work. I was brought up that if you are well enough to get out of bed then you are well enough to go to work. True enough that I was coughing up blood this morning, But hey, I didn't have a fever so all good right? Not according to my bosses. Did I happen to mention I work for the Health Department? Yeah, having a hacking woman wearing a mask around would not have sent a good message to the public. 

    On a cooler note, my son came to me yesterday and talked to me about "this girl" in class. I could barely contain myself with joy while simultaneously freaking out. On the one hand it means Little Man is growing up and following the natural order (I had my doubts that he would ever be interested in anyone,boys or girls) but it also means he will soon be moving out of the I-love-to-snuggle-with-my-mommy stage. See, Little Man is my first born. He is a momma's boy and I am totally cool with that. Up until now I cherished the fact that he was still cool with holding mom's hand and letting her hug and kiss him in public. But now there is a girl involved. Soon it will all be about her and what she did and likes and he won't be cool with public mommy hugs and kisses. At the same time, I am totally psyched about his first crush and that he came to me about it, not his dad or his brother or even his few friends.....me. Excuse me while I do a happy dance. 

       Ok back to my drugged stupor. Thanks and good night everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment